Cosmo's 6 best anti-cellulite creams

Cellulite busting products tend to have hefty claims and come in a range of prices, but what actually works? We gathered some of the best cellulite creams and put them to the test. Here are the results…
2013-05-02 03:09:00 By Lucy Partington 

 Etat Pur Pure Active A90, £11.30, etatpur.co.uk  

 “This product is easy to use and smoothed onto my skin very easily but it did take a lot of product to cover the whole of my thighs – I used two bottles in the four week trial period. This was my first time using any cellulite products so I didn’t really know what to expect, I did have an overall loss of roughly one inch on each thigh, which I didn’t anticipate! I wasn’t expecting any loss at all. I am pleased with the results and my skin feels firmer and slightly less dimpled but the stubborn cellulite is still visible.” Gemma Roberts, Assistant Picture Editor

 

Clarions' Body Lift Cellulite Control, £36, clarins.co.uk

 “I prefer my cellulite treatment to be luxurious, rather than just functional, so this ticks the box – it looks and behaves like a premium product. The product comes with a wealth of scientific research behind it. Its USP is that it helps break down both early and more entrenched, stubborn cellulite. The texture is lovely and creamy and has a rather strong cold tingly sensation when you apply it. This does help you feel a little toned and lighter instantly as you can feel it working. However, on cold mornings this is not so much fun! It would be lovely to use in summer or in a warm bathroom. Clarions' supplies some massage techniques to help you get the most out of the product and also suggests applying before exercise – I really liked these extra tips. After a month my legs do feel very smooth and toned although I hadn’t lost any inches, but to be fair I carry less weight on my legs so didn’t have any to lose. My thighs definitely feel a really good texture and tone now – this is a product that works and is a pleasure to use.” Kate Turner, Beauty Editor

Bliss Fat Girl Slim Lean Machine, £120 blissworld.co.uk

“On first attempt it took a while to get the hang of it and to know which direction to use it in, but by my second time I managed just fine. I found that the machine does pinch the skin, which can be quite sore, but it did make me think that something must be working! I felt my skin was smoother and softer after using it every day for ten minutes (Bliss recommend using it for three minutes) on my thighs and I definitely started to see them become less dimple-like. After the four-week trial my legs are 100% tighter and much firmer, I’m very impressed with the results so far and would happily recommend it to others!” Laura Bates, intern

Esthederm Svelt System Lipo-Slimming Serum, £43.50 spacenk.co.uk 
 
 “This cellulite cream is very easy and pleasant to use, I used it every night for four weeks instead of my normal moisturizer. After just one application, my skin felt firmer which was surprising. Over the following weeks my skin definitely felt tighter (in a good way!) and by the end of the trial, I felt less dimply, especially my upper thighs, and I was more confident about getting in a bikini. I’m really pleased with the overall results and I’ll continue to use it - I feel much more svelte!” Lorna Gray, Features Writer


Shiseido Advanced Body Creator: Super Slimming Reducer, £53 houseoffraser.co.uk

“Admittedly, I don’t have a big cellulite problem - just the standard dimples when I cross my legs in shorts or a skirt. I definitely noticed a difference in the condition of my skin after using this though - it felt suppler even after the first use. I liked the spreadable consistency of the pink gel-cream, plus the strong but pleasant smell - a spicy citrus. A big selling point is the inclusion of grapefruit oil, which Shiseido discovered produces a fat-burning protein when sniffed. This is boosted by poria coco's extract, also thought to produce a different type of fat-burning protein when applied - clever stuff.  Science bit aside though, this product feels like it’s really doing something when it’s on the skin - with the cool, tingling sensation lasting for a good half an hour after application. I don’t doubt my skin texture will continue to improve the longer I use it.” Cassie Powney, Beauty Writer
 

Soap & Glory The Firminator Special Bikini Body Firming Formula, £12 boots.com

 “I had the Soap & Glory one. It was really easy to use, felt lovely going on, little bit on the sticky side in terms of having to wander about for a bit before you could pop your tights on (this is standard though, right?). My legs felt a little smoother and looked bit less dimpled (but I did also go back to the gym when I started using it so not sure how much for squat-induced and how much was down to the cream). I didn't go down any inch-wise (booo!), but I think I'd carry on using it as I have faith it is doing more magic things than my usual moisturizer.” Suzy Cox, Deputy Editor




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to make famous DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie recipe